What Are the Chances of My Getting into a Glendale Auto Accident?
There’s no doubt that the chances of getting into an auto accident anywhere are high. It’s not always your fault. Sometimes even the most careful of drivers get involved in car wrecks for no fault of theirs.
And things aren’t different in Glendale either. About 80,000 people are injured or killed in auto collisions in Los Angeles alone. And the numbers keep changing.
With so many auto accidents occurring every day, you naturally wonder what your chances of getting involved in one are. So here’s a rough perspective on the possibility of your getting involved in a car wreck.
Why Are Car Accidents High in Glendale?
You can get a better perspective of the chances of your getting involved in an accident if you know why there are so many auto accidents in Glendale.
Two apparent causes of high auto accidents in Glendale are:
- As it is a growing city, there are more drivers on the road, leading to heavy traffic
- With the city having an aging population, it’s not surprising that some drivers have a slower reaction time. Their poor judgment and reaction time can prove fatal at times.
What Are The Chances of My Getting into a Glendale Auto Accident?
The chances of getting into a car crash depend on the day, time, and area you’re in. Police reports show that the Glendale auto accident rate is highest during the morning and afternoon commute hours.
This is when many people are on their way to or from work, school, home care for children/elderly family members, etc. Collisions are also most likely on Glendale highways and streets instead of alleys, with lower speed limits.
Of course, you may yourself unintentionally increase your chances of getting involved in an accident, like through drunken and distracted driving.
What Can You Do to Reduce the Chances?
Some of the preventive measures you can employ to reduce the chances of auto accidents are:
- Not speeding and sticking to speed limits
- Giving other drivers enough space to pass
- Always wear your seat belt, no matter how short the road trip is. It’s responsible and could save your life.
- Avoid distracted driving by staying away from mobiles and radio.
- Not drinking under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Who Are at a Higher Risk for Car Accidents?
It’s impossible to predict which car accident ends up fatal and which isn’t. However, these drivers have an increased risk of ending up in accidents because of their driving habits:
- Male drivers
- Speeding drivers
- Inexperienced drivers
- Drivers who drive too closely or engage in something risky
- Night drivers
- Drivers who drive under distraction like while texting or talking on the phone
How Can a Glendale Auto Accident Lawyer Help?
If you’re an accident victim seeking legal counsel, you need to consult your attorney after you get yourself treated. An auto accident attorney in Glendale can help with any auto accident claims you may need to file. They can also help with any traffic issues and other legal advice for drivers.
Your attorney knows how to make a thorough evaluation of your injury case. They will take into consideration all the expenses you had to bear due to the accident. It includes medical bills, future medical treatment, physical therapy, and even lost wages.
They will also help answer any questions you may have about your legal rights as an accident victim. They will take care of the entire legal process while you focus on your recovery.